Online casinos offer various bonuses to both attract new players and to keep their current customers interested. Quality bonuses can enhance your casino experience significantly while a casino lacking in attractive bonuses will lose its clients’ interest after a while. Casino bonuses come in many forms like welcome bonuses, deposit matches, free spins and more. However, with such an overwhelming number of online casinos, where do you start to look for the best bonuses? Fret not! We constantly search for digital casinos, both seasoned and new, to analyse their bonuses based on our strict criteria. We bring you only the best casino offers, most up-to-date welcome and no deposit bonuses. We’ve done the legwork so you don’t have to.
Free spins are one of the most attractive bonuses that online casinos give out in an attempt to attract new players or promote a certain slot game. We love free spins because you get to try out the designated slot game for free with the possibility of cashing out your winnings. Bear in mind, though, that most free spins carry a wagering requirement set by the casino so you must place a certain value of bets before you’re able to withdraw winnings generated by the free spins.
You can find some of the best free spin offers in terms of both quantity and quality on our page. To read more about free spins and how to make the most out of these incredible promotions, check out our dedicated free spins page.
To entice you to register an account and explore their site, online casinos almost always have a one time only sign-up bonus for new players. These bonuses set you off on a strong head start and increase your bankroll so you can play for longer. They are often a combination of deposit match bonuses, free spins, loyalty points, or other freebies. To assess which welcome bonuses are the best for you, there are a few things you can pay attention to.
The wagering requirements that come with the bonus highly affect the quality of the offer. To prevent abuse of the generous offer, casinos often impose a wagering requirement on the bonuses. The industry average is 30 times the bonus amount which means you must place bets of at least 30 times (whether you win or lose) the total of bonus received before the bonus is transferred to your Real Money account so you can withdraw them.
There are also other restrictions on welcome bonuses like only certain games contribute towards the wagering requirement. Depending on the casino, slots usually have a contribution rate of 100% while table games only count towards 5% – 20% and some games are not eligible for you to play with the bonus. When the bonus is active, casinos will usually also impose a maximum bet amount and an expiry period for the welcome bonus.
However, there are ways to help clear the bonuses quickly and efficiently. Here are some techniques that you might find helpful when you have a high amount of bonus to clear:
- Choose only games with the highest contribution rate: use the bonus only on games that contribute 100% towards the wagering bonus to gain the most efficiency.
- Find the best payout rate games: now that you’ve identified the type of games that count 100% towards the wagering, find out which particular games have the highest RTP (return to player). The higher the RTP, the higher your chance of landing wins, boosting your bankroll to bet towards the wagering requirements.
- Concentrate on clearing only one bonus at a time: most players have multiple bonuses from different casinos going on simultaneously. This can distract you from clearing all bonuses you have and you might end up with all of them expiring before you could meet the wagering requirements. Sign up for only one bonus at a time and focus on clearing it before moving on to the next one, no matter how attractive it looks!
- Wager small amounts first to get the hang of the game: you might be tempted to make large bet amounts right from the start for that big jackpot. However, it’s wiser to first play a few rounds with a small wager and learn the ropes of the game before committing larger bets.
Bonuses can be divided into cashable and non-cashable bonuses. Most bonuses fall in the cashable category where you can withdraw your winning plus bonus amount once you have met the wagering requirements. Non-cashable bonuses, or sometimes called “sticky bonuses”, can never be withdrawn but you can cash out any winnings generated from it. For example, if you have received a bonus of $200 and used it to win a cash prize of $100, you can only withdraw $100 but not the bonus amount of $200, without the need to meet any wagering requirements.
It’s important to understand that different types of bonuses are suitable for different types of players. If you prefer to play table games, then look for a casino offering high contribution rates for table games. Casual players might want to opt for non-cashable bonuses or a bonus without an expiry period in order gain the ability to eventually cash out any winnings. Punters with a small bankroll should consider bonuses with a high deposit match rate while high-rollers are better off getting themselves a high bonus amount, a large number of spins and other prizes.
More often than not, you’ll need to make at least one deposit to receive a bonus. However, some casinos offer no-deposit bonuses that usually come in the form of free spins. You’ll be required to sign up for an account, which is free and hardly takes any time at all, before you can receive your no-deposit bonus. The great thing about these bonuses is that you can explore the casino and play games at absolutely zero risks with no financial commitment on your part at all. Only if you like what you see, then you can choose to make a deposit.
Mobile bonuses are bonuses that casinos offer exclusively for mobile players only. Sometimes, these bonuses are the same as the desktop version offers but targeted at mobile players. Other times, you can only get certain mobile offers if you deposit via the casino’s app or via your mobile device. You can often find special events promotions like sports, races, and more on the mobile platform.
High Roller/ VIP Bonuses
As the saying goes, “the bigger the risk, the greater the reward”. Hence, casinos often reward high-rollers and VIP-status players with something extra. The high-roller/ VIP bonuses usually give a higher than average match rate and amount, generally starting at £1,000 and can go up to tens of thousands. Even if you play with an average bankroll, you can still earn your way up to the VIP status once you have shown sufficient loyalty to a particular casino, making you eligible for this type of exclusive bonuses.
Not every casino offers all types of bonuses but you should keep an eye out for them to see how you can boost your bankroll and enhance your casino experience. Some other bonuses you can find are:
- Monthly Re-load bonuses: reload bonuses are the bonuses you get for reloading your casino account with credits. With monthly-reload bonuses, as long as you purchase casino credits within a certain period of each month, you’ll receive the bonus.
- Refer a friend bonus: casinos encourage their registered members to recruit more members by offering a refer-a-friend bonus. You can earn casino credit, free spins and other rewards by successfully referring a friend to register an account and make a deposit.
- Preferred payment bonus: some casinos work together with third parties to promote a certain payment method. If this is the case, the casino will persuade you to make deposits using a particular payment option by giving you a small bonus.
Are Casino Bonuses Worth Your While?
In a nutshell, casino bonuses are great for increasing your bankroll and help you play for longer but not every bonus is worth it. Before you opt in for anything, understand the details and conditions that come with the bonus then decide if it suits your personal play style. An unsuitable bonus could end up wasting your time and money while an appropriate one could greatly enhance your experience.