The key to providing an excellent casino experience is having a software that is secure, runs smoothly, and continuously brings in entertaining games. Because of this, it’s important for online casinos to choose the best software developers to ensure their survivability. As a player, you should know which are the best casino software companies to accurately determine which are the best casinos to join. However, with so many game makers out there, it could be tricky to separate the good from the bad. But fear not! We have a team of experts who examine every reputable casino software developers out there and only recommend trusted companies who make excellent software that are safe, bug-free, user-friendly, and release the most compelling games.
Casino Software Companies You Can Trust
Although there are many online casino game makers in the industry, a few developers stand out as being the best with the most trustworthy software and releasing the most entertaining games.
- Microgaming – A pioneer of its industry, Microgaming has been producing online casino games since 1994. The company is well-known for its staggering number of slot choices including one which set the Guinness World Record for the highest ever payout from an online slot game with a jackpot of an astounding £13,209,300!
- Playtech – Another major player in the casino game developer industry, Playtech creates titles with exciting themes and a great user interface with a fantastic customer support team. It is a public traded company and has been playing an important role in legalizing online gambling around the globe for more than a decade.
- Net Entertainment – Also known as NetEnt, this company holds exclusive rights to popular characters like DC Comics superheroes and produces feature-rich slots with proven themes. NetEnt is also known for reinventing classic casino games with innovative features.
- 888 Casino – With more than two decades of experience, 888 constantly upgrades its software resulting in a comprehensive and one of the most powerful gaming platform in the market.
- Amaya Gaming – Recently rebranded to The Stars Group, Amaya is a fast-growing giant in both land-based and online casinos. It owns the largest online poker operator in the world, PokerStars, and has acquired a veteran in casino game developers, Cryptologic.
The Most Popular Casino Games in the UK
If you’re still a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of casino games available online and don’t know which ones to start with, we can definitely help you out. Here are some tried and tested games that are the favourites of punters from the UK because of their high entertainment value, superior graphics, and of course, high payout rate:
- Mega Moolah – If you ever dream of becoming a millionaire, this is the game for you. Mega Moolah is the most popular progressive slot by Microgaming where the jackpot starts at a minimum of £1 million. Being progressive, the jackpot grows and often reaches several millions before it’s cashed out. A very lucky player from the UK won the biggest ever jackpot in online slot history by playing Mega Moolah in 2015.
- Starburst – One of the most popular game by NetEnt, Starburst is a jewel-themed video slot with vibrant colours and captivating effects. Not only is the game visually stunning with an exciting game play, it gives the opportunity to win big too.
- Cleopatra – This slot features five reels, 20 paylines, and a bonus round which you can get a whopping 180 free spins with 3x multipliers. IGT released this game in 2006 and the fact that it’s still so popular after more than a decade old is a testament to the quality of the game.
- Gonzo’s Quest – An impressive 3D slot with such superior graphics that it’s bound to take your breath away. It’s obvious that Gonzo’s Quest uses NetEnt’s most cutting-edge technology to create its sensational interface which marks it as an iconic slot.
- Twin Spin – This game runs on NetEnt’s powerful platform and gives a whopping 243 ways to win. True to NetEnt’s unique style, this game combines the charming classic fruit machine style with excellent graphics and innovative features.
How Software Providers Work With Online Casinos
Online casinos usually use a few different software to provide a plethora of diverse game choices to keep their customers interested. As a result, multiple casino brands use the same software in their gaming platform. However, your experience will differ between different casinos based on other factors like the quality of their bonuses, promotions, and customer service, amongst others.
Casino software companies have created a co-dependent relationship with online gambling providers. Developers sell licenses to use their software on a revenue-sharing model while casinos focus on marketing and other aspects of providing a great casino experience to punters. This symbiosis is important to ensure that both parties grow together in the lucrative online gambling market.