NetEnt’s enticing jackpots
While NetEnt is known for producing slot games with superior graphics and innovative gameplay, the icing on the cake is the jackpots. Not only do jackpots make the game more exciting, NetEnt’s jackpots are amongst the largest in the industry.
You can gain massive mileage on your bankroll by hitting a jackpot as they yield the highest profits. This is especially true with progressive jackpots where you can win a cash prize so big that your life will be changed forever. NetEnt features many progressive jackpots up for grabs including a record-breaking payout in 2013. Take a spin at the top progressive NetEnt jackpot slots 2017 below and see if you can walk away with a big bonanza:
What is a jackpot?
A jackpot is the most valuable prize in a game, although some have multiple jackpots to be won in one game. When it comes to slots, jackpots are a large sum of money which you can trigger when you’ve spun the right winning combination and/or won at the bonus round feature.
When most people think of slots jackpots, they immediately picture the flashy slot machines on the floor of a Las Vegas casino. The jackpot amount is usually displayed on a large conspicuous screen near the slot machines and can be very enticing. However, there are differences between online and offline slots jackpots:
- The rate of growth of pooled jackpots – While there are land-based slots that are networked together to create a progressive jackpot, it cannot compete with the sheer number of online punters all over the world playing progressive online slots. Consequently, popular progressive slots jackpots increase at a significantly faster rate than offline jackpots.
- Jackpot tracking– There are many online jackpot trackers all over the internet. It’s very easy to find the largest jackpot in real-time when it comes to online jackpots. On the other hand, although some casinos display all their jackpots on a screen also in real-time, they don’t show the jackpots available in other casinos. Therefore, it’s much easier to keep track of online jackpots and you can start wagering on an online slot when the jackpot reaches an amount that you’ve been aiming for.
- Payout period – Big payouts in Vegas casinos are always paid in installments. On the other hand, you can receive your jackpot in one payment when you hit an online jackpot, though some digital casinos do implement payouts over a certain limit in installments.
How to unlock the jackpot
Every online slot has its own set of rules for triggering the jackpot. However, many of them share some basic rules. The most straightforward way is to land on the jackpot winning combination which is usually having three special symbols line up horizontally in the middle for 3-reel slots or spinning five scatter symbols in a 5-reel slot.
Some slots require you to first enter an off-the-reel bonus round before you can win the jackpot. These bonus round features work like a mini-game on a second screen and involve picking certain locations to reveal a hidden prize or spinning a wheel. The result of the bonus game will determine if you walk away with the jackpot.
Types of jackpots
Online slots jackpots come in different sizes to fit different bankrolls. Apart from that, there are also two types of jackpots with differences in payout and hit frequencies.
- The traditional jackpot – this type of jackpot is the most straightforward kind where the casino sets a fixed amount of cash as the jackpot, usually in the four to five digit range. The jackpot size doesn’t change and the chance of hitting a traditional jackpot is higher than that of a progressive jackpot.
- The progressive jackpot – invented in the 1980’s, casinos linked up a few slot machines so they feed into the same jackpot. A percentage of every wager that didn’t end up with a win is funneled into the jackpot, increasing its value. When a lucky player hits the jackpot, it will reset back to a base value and then build up again. Although the chance of hitting a large progressive jackpot is rare, the payout is astounding and can reach up to the millions!
Why do punters go for jackpots?
While everyone knows that the odds of striking a jackpot are low, the massive payout it gives is very enticing. Because of the sheer size of the jackpot that could be life-changing, it hikes up the excitement level a notch. Everyone has a chance at going for the mother lode and you never know if your next spin could make you an instant millionaire!
The most popular NetEnt jackpots
If you’re ready to try your luck on an online slot for its lucrative jackpot, you should check out some of the most popular NetEnt jackpots. Because NetEnt attracts so many punters from all over the world, its progressive jackpots usually increase very quickly and you’re assured that all games have a fair payout rate. Some of the most well-loved NetEnt jackpots are:
- Mega Fortune jackpot – the Mega Fortune Mega Jackpot is one of the most sought-after progressive jackpots online. It often reaches into the millions and even goes up to the 8-digit region at times. In 2013, it broke the world record as the highest payout ever from an online slot when a Finnish player cashed out on a whopping €17.8 million.
- Arabian Nights jackpot – this is NetEnt’s first progressive jackpot and after more than 10 years in the market, it’s still one of the most popular jackpots on the internet. As a result, it builds up at a very fast rate and rarely pays out at less than £1 million.
- Hall of Gods – this game features not one but three progressive jackpots. The smallest jackpot, the Mini Jackpot, is still very desirable and can go up to the thousands. The Midi Jackpot have been cashed out at hundreds of thousands pounds while the Mega Jackpot is truly fit for the gods and are usually at a multi-million size.
Before you play
While you do require some luck to help you hit the jackpot, there are ways to increase your odds of winning. Here’s what you need to do before you even start playing:
- Read the rules – Understand what are the exact winning conditions for the jackpot. Some slots require you to bet a certain amount before you’re eligible to win the full amount of the jackpot.
- Practise for free – There are often free versions of online slots where you can learn the ropes of the game without spending any money at all. If you’re serious about taking home that jackpot, you should hone your skills at a free-to-play slot of your choice before betting real money.
- Choose the right casino – The most important thing you can do for yourself is to play at a casino where you can boost your bankroll with bonuses and play in a safe, secure environment.
Can you be the next winner?
You most certainly can because everyone has an equal chance at winning NetEnt jackpots, whoever you are and whatever the size of your bankroll is. All you need is patience and determination with a bit of luck to make that one spin that counts!